Sunday, May 19, 2013

Lets go to beach beach lets go get away

I got so much sleep last night so waking up early was a breeze this morning. Last night we had a French meal at a place called bin appetite which was very average. The food in Vietnam was getting a little old so we had to switch it up. Breakfast and lunch is always Vietnamese so dinner is a perfect opportunity to explore other food cuisines. For an appetizer I ordered chicken In a basket but had no idea what to expect. While waiting, we all thought about what it could be because no one spoke English there and almost every got the same appetizer. Ohh rewind....we kept messing up our orders, everyone went from French fries to chicken in a basket and the waiter was overly confused. Lierbersohn was so frustrated from the language barriers that he stood up mid order and tried to rip the waiters paper, telling him to start over, we were all cracking up I actually started to tear from laughter. The waiter was so startled that he got some one else to take our order who spoke SOME English. Earlier, I said the place was average because my dinner was not comparable to my appetizer. The chicken in a basket were these homemade chicken strips that were actually the best chicken strips I have ever had. It was juicy succulent chicken and a tempura style fried crunchy outside. Okay, so for dinner I ordered deep fried seabass which was not cooked at all and it was horrible I didn't eat it. I shuffled the food up to make it look like I ate it. I ordered another chicken in a basket which was just unbelievable.
Who doesn't love the beach? We went to the beach today which was not only relaxing but fun. It was an hour long boat ride on an "Amtrak" boat thing. I know it's not specific but everyone had their own seat, air conditioned, obviously less quality then Amtrak. When we got to the town we went to a church and pagoda which was really nice. Both places were gorgeous and was always overlooking the blue shiny sea. Palm trees were everywhere and every sight was beautiful. Some people observed the Buddhist customs and participated in some prayer, I didnt want to but lots of people were really enjoying it. Liebersohn had some cool fortunes that were true, I was kind of creeped out in cool way. We went on a hike to a giant Jesus statue which had 1000 steps and it was soooooo hot. I was sweating so much but the sights as we got higher were getting cooler and cooler and the Jesus was so big, I enjoyed the hike a lot. I stayed hydrated. I think I'm really good with hydration from traveling to other very hot climates.
The beach was fantastic, the water was actually like a bathtub and we played little games and messed around with each other. Corey, Liebersohn, and I were going to rent a jetski for 30 minutes but it was over priced. Mom, I used a lot of sunscreen and barely got burnt, I was proud of myself. Overall today was really nice to relax after a long week with many involved activities like company visits and sight seeing. It was nice to get away from HCMC for a day. Tomorrow should be awesome with a city tour. I also had authentic sushi with most of the students. It was amazing and dinner was really fun. We mesh so well together and love each others company. As cliche as this sounds, I couldn't ask for a better group of people to spend this once in a lifetime experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment