Thursday, May 16, 2013

What an interesting night

From my last post, I left you with us going out shopping and this is how it went...

5 of us entered the cab anticipating for an exciting day of shopping. Right when the cab driver started his meter, the rain started to pour down on his windshield. Oh how lucky we were, planning on going shopping and walking around, the rain made things interesting. The first stop on our list was the giant market to possibly get souvenirs and what not. The rain was coming down really hard when we got to the market and we ran inside. We were bombarded with different vendors from every direction and it was really overwhelming. There are lots of watch stands with a variety of different designers, I asked the man to see a watch and this is how the conversation went....

Me: can I see that Calvin Klein watch?

Vendor: yes, I'll give it to you for 2,000,000 (100 dollars)

Me: I'll pay 700,000 (35 dollars-----but didn't have much intention to buy it)

Vendor: 1.8 mil, minimum

Me: I'll pay 700,000 and no more

Vendor: this is a stainless steel watch, leather band, and automatic

Me: yes it looks nice but I only want to pay 700,000

Vendor: no sorry I can't do that

As I'm walkin away....

Vendor: 1.5 mil (screaming)

Me: no sorry 700,000

Vendor: 1 million

Me: I told you my offer, I know this is fake and I know how much it is worth

Vendor: fine ill give it to you for 700,000

But I didn't have that money but it was nice knowing how much I was able to bargain.

We moved on to different areas of the market but it was hot and people were running around from the rain and all of us were hungry so we went to try and find a cab. On our search, we sort of got lost and had a hard time exiting the market because many exits were closed. When we got out we were getting soaked from the rain and it took us a while to get into a cab. We managed to find one but this guy literally stalled out about 5 times and the cab ride was to drive us around the corner to a famous pho restaurant. The food was good but by then we wanted nothing to do with the area because of the rain, heat, and filth that we were in.

Our trip was supposed to be a nice, fun, and relaxing day but quickly turned into a ridiculous sequence of events that we all thought wouldn't end. But hey, ya never know what will happen in Vietnam

No comments:

Post a Comment