Thursday, May 16, 2013

Oh how lucky


I was sitting in the glass egg office listening to the COO present the company to us and behind me was a giant view of Ho Chi Minh city with some amazing buildings, I thought about how lucky I am. Yes, I blog everyday and reflect on my experiences but I never thought about how lucky I am. This trip and experience is more than just a once in a lifetime experience if that's possible to say. I am a business student at Pitt and am in Vietnam getting a full brief from these profitable and companies. It's really neat how we are living in Vietnam and learning the business world here. This program is so unique and balanced that I really can not find one flaw. Basically, I am just having the best time ever and really starting to appreciate this experience. Soooooooo....
We had a really fun dinner last night, it was 11 of us out of 14. We found the place on our own and had a really fun dinner. We spoke about our favorite time at Pitt so far and laughed the whole time. I had a delicious beef and broccoli dish. The waiters were calling me selvester Stallone which I thought was so funny. I then told them I was from Philly and they were convinced I was his son. The only problem was was that they do not understand sarcasm really well so it was hard to tell them I am not Italian and just a normal student from Pittsburgh. 
The highlight of the day was glass egg because of how much I can relate to the company. They are video game designers who do not make the actual game but really just cars and tracks and I play all the games that they help produce. We saw all these artists making the cars for the games that I love which was again so cool. I feel like I keep saying cool and funny, i should really stop doing that. Today was really hot and my entire shirt was drenched, this heat is unbearable sometimes especially because a lot of our water is more like bus temperature so getting refreshed is difficult. Mom I am not sure what I am doing form dinner, sorry. I want to get more tan here, I haven't been in the sun too much. We are going shopping and walking around for the first time soon, if I am lucky I'll find a tailor that I can get a suit from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment